The Cape Town Drought
For those who aren't in the Loop: The City of Cape Town is in water saving mode to avoid a day zero draught. Currently the city has built various desalination plants and implemented stringent saving measures to avoid such a situation but we would still like to encourage our guests to be mindful when traveling to Cape Town and keep water usage as low as possible.
How can you help out during your stay?
- Take 1 minute showers (if you really have to shower).
- Use the buckets provided to catch water while you shower.
- Rinse the toilet using the water from your shower and only flush when you have to.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided rather than water.
- Report leaks when you see them.
- Drink beer not water
- Be water wise and do your part